1) How to use Task Dependency?
Task Dependency is a relationship in which a task or milestone relies on other tasks to be performed (completely or partially) before it can be performed.
Task Dependency has to be initially enabled by our Support team before you can follow the below steps to start using task dependency.
Please note, only project admins have the access to perform dependency date adjustment.
- To start utilizing Task Dependencies, click on the gear icon below the star icon on a project to open the Project Properties panel. If you are inside a project, you can access its properties by clicking on the Settings button at the top right corner of the screen.
- Click on the dropdown box and select your preferred Dependency Date Adjustment.
- This will allow you to select whether how you would like to make use of the task dependency.
- Go to your Tasklist, where task dependency shall be enabled.
- Go to Properties. Click on Dependency. Then under Add dependencies. Choose with Previous task or Next task.
- Then you should be able to see from the dropdown list the name of the tasklist you would like to link for the task dependency.
- Task dependency are not being copied whenever you copy a Task.
- You may notice, setting a task list based on dependencies, moving the original task date forward will correctly shift the other task dates forward, Reverting the date of the original task, will not revert the future task date.